From the BBB’s home page, you have a few options to find what you're looking for. You can search for a specific business by name or browse different businesses by category and location. This is especially useful if you know the service you need, but don’t have a specific company in mind. For example, you might need auto repair but want to find the best-rated shop in town.
Searching by name, category, and locationTo find local BBB accredited businesses, follow these steps:
- Open up a browser and go to the Better Business Bureau website.
- Type in the business or charity name in the Find search box.
- Alternatively, type in a business category, such as auto repair or general contractors.
- If not already filled in, type in your city and state or zip code in the Near search box.
- Click the Search button. You will be redirected to the appropriate page where you can see your specified business' ratings and general info or browse a list of businesses in your specified category and location.
Most major companies have ratings with the Better Business Bureau. The ratings are based on how the company responds to consumer reports. The report also includes general information about the business such as location, contact info, and how long they have been in business.
The bureau is a good resource if you want to leave reviews or lodge complaints regarding services you have received.