Ning For Dummies
Ning is a cool, free social networking platform, and you can learn how to use Ning quickly and easily with Ning For Dummies. If you have a cause to promote or a passion about a topic, here’s how to explore existing networks and interact with others who share your obsession, as well as how to start one of your own.
Begin by joining other networks and participating in groups. Then you’ll find out how to create your own social network, develop your profile, customize your network’s look and feel, set up privacy controls, oversee participation, and manage all the details.
- Investigate existing networks, see how to join private networks, and manage your profile for privacy
- Add photos, videos, and music files to existing networks
- Discover the comment wall, rate items from members, moderate comments on your blog, and respond to events
- Start a discussion, invite people to an event, or create a group
- Set up your network, decide if it should be public or private, research the competition, and find your niche
- Choose a good Web address and learn to monitor traffic with Google Analytics
- Give your main page character with custom widgets and personalized features
Ning is fun, easy, and free. Ning For Dummies shows you how to plan your network so it stands out from the crowd, manage interaction, include multimedia, and more!