Sleep Disorders For Dummies
When the last dinner dishes have been put away and the evening news is over, most of us think about going to bed. But for the millions who suffer from a chronic sleep disorder, going to bed doesn’t necessarily mean going to sleep. And for millions more who experience occasional sleep disturbances, nighttime might not be such a picnic, either.
Now there’s an easy-to-follow guide to help you get a good night’s rest. Sleep Disorders For Dummies is for anyone who has trouble sleeping—or has a loved one who suffers from a sleep disorder. Written by a sleep specialist and a medical reporter, this no-nonsense guide helps you:
- Prevent and manage sleep disorders
- Improve your sleep habits
- Find relief from your symptoms
- Ask your doctor the right questions
- Enhance the quality of sleep
This fact-packed guide walks you through the different types of sleep disorders, includin g sleep apnea, insomnia, narcolepsy, and restless legs syndrome. You’ll discover the causes and symptoms of each disorder, the various medical conditions that can disrupt sleep, and the most common treatments. Plus, you’ll see how to use good nutrition and exercise to promote sounder sleep and avoid known sleep disrupters such as caffeine and problem foods. The authors also give you solid, reassuring advice on:
- Finding the right doctor to diagnose and treat your sleep disorder
- Managing stress and anxiety
- Turning your bedroom into a sleep sanctuary
- Choosing between the different types of sleep clinics
- Handling sleep disorders in children
Featuring savvy tips on preventing jet lag, sleeping well if you work the night shift, and getting kids to bed without fuss, Sleep Disorders for Dummies will help you get your zzzzzzzzs!