Word 2019 Tricks to Remember
Here’s a short list of the most helpful Microsoft Word 2019 tricks that may come in handy for your word-processing needs. Keep these suggestions in mind when you compose a new document:
- Press Ctrl+Enter to start a new page. This key combination inserts a hard page break, which forces a new page automatically.
- Press Shift+Enter to insert a soft return. This keypress is useful for breaking a line of text, such as in a document title or an address.
- Use tabs to line up your text. Never use spaces for this task. One tab is all you need. If you’re inserting more than one tab, you need to reset the tab stops.
- Always use one tab between columns to line them up. Doing so will make editing the information easier.
- If you need to change the page formatting in the middle of your document, start a new section. Sections allow you to use multiple page-format attributes in a single document.
- Save your styles in a template! That way, you can use them for documents you create without having to rebuild all your styles over and over.