How to Change the CASE of Your Text in Word 2007 - dummies

How to Change the CASE of Your Text in Word 2007

By Dan Gookin

You can change the case of text in Word 2007 by using the Change Case button. The choices include UPPERCASE, lowercase, Sentence case, Capitalize Each Word, and even tOGGLE cASE.

Believe it or not, upper- and lowercase do have something to do with a font. Back in the old mechanical-type days, fonts came in a case, like a briefcase. The top part of the case, the upper case, held the capital letters. The bottom part of the case held the lowercase letters. So, in a way, changing the case of text is kind of a font-formatting trick.

1Click the Home tab to display the Font group.

The Change Case button looks like this: Aa.

2Select the text you want to change.

Be sure you don’t pick up an extra letter or word in your text selection.

3Click the Change Case button.

The Change Case menu displays a list of options.

4Choose the item you want from the menu.

Your text is modified to match the menu item that’s selected.