How to Send a Message to Your Bank in QuickBooks 2017
Doing all your banking electronically can be a little unsettling when you’re starting out with QuickBooks 2017. What if you have a question, for example? All you do is send an email to the bank, asking the people there whatever question you’d normally ask in a telephone call or at the drive-through window. To do so, follow these steps:
- Choose Banking → Bank Feeds → Create Online Banking Message.
QuickBooks displays the Bank Feeds Message window and fills in the bank name (as long as you use online banking services with only one bank). If you use online banking services with more than one bank, choose the name of the bank to which you want to send a message from the Message To drop-down list.
- Click the Subject text box and then type a brief description of your message’s subject.
Most email programs simply display a list of messages that includes the sender, the message subject, and the date. Therefore, the message subject that you use is one of the first bits of message information that the bank folks see.
- Select the online account that you’re going to discuss in the message.
- Click the Message text box and then type your message.
You’re on your own here.
- (Optional) Click the Print button to print a copy of your message.
- Click OK.
When you click OK, you add the message to the list of stuff that’s ready to send the next time you go online with your bank.