How to Create a Listing on Facebook Marketplace
If you’re trying to create a listing for something you want to sell on Facebook, you can easily do so by going to Marketplace and following these steps:
- Click the blue Sell Something button in the upper-right corner of the page.
This opens the Sell Something box.
- Enter the item’s info into the appropriate space.
- What are you selling? This will be the title of your item in Marketplace so best to make it short and descriptive: IKEA Table and Chairs, Bundle of 3T clothing, Vintage iPad — whatever makes sense for the item your selling.
- Add price: Decide how much you think your item is worth and add a price. If you aren’t sure what price to choose, try searching for similar items already in Marketplace and see what other people are asking for it.
- Change location: By default, location gets set to your current location. If you want to have this listed in a different location, click the X next to the current location to delete it. Type in your preferred location into the now-empty Add Location field. Depending on where you live, you can often type in a specific neighborhood, not just the main city where you are selling something.
- Select a category: Click the Select a Category field to open a menu of categories for you to choose from.
- Describe your item (optional): You don’t have to fill any additional description out, but adding details about the item you’re selling can be helpful. You can describe the condition it’s in, include its measurements, and make any notes about use or care.
- Add photos of your item by clicking the gray Add Photo box at the bottom of the Sell Something box.
This opens an interface for selecting photos from your computer’s hard drive. After you add your photos, you can edit them by hovering your mouse over the thumbnail of the photo you want to edit and clicking the paintbrush icon in the lower-right corner of that thumbnail. Click the X icon to remove that photo entirely.
- When you’re done, click Post.
Your listing immediately goes into Marketplace, where everyone can see it and respond.
You can keep track of your listings by going to the Selling section of Marketplace (click Selling in the left-hand menu). Here, you can see all the items you have listed for sale. When you sell something, click the blue Mark as Sold button to take it off the Marketplace. Click the Manage button to open a menu where you can either delete the listing entirely or edit it.
All posts to Marketplace are public, which means everyone on Facebook can see them. Don’t post any personally identifying information, such as your address, phone number, or credit card number.