Helping Yourself with Reiki
Reiki is a gentle healing energy. Your body can use this energy for just about anything it needs. Here are some common reasons to use Reiki:
- You’re stressed out and need some tender loving care.
- You’re taking doctor-prescribed medications and want to reduce or eliminate the side effects of these drugs.
- You’re low on energy or feel blah or unmotivated and need a pick-me-up.
- You haven’t been sleeping well.
- You feel stuck emotionally or mentally and want some insights on how to move forward.
- You just want a delicious treat for your body, mind, and spirit.
You can think of Reiki as a dose of love. When you receive a Reiki session, you’ll feel the effects that love can give you. This isn’t love from any particular person; it’s just the essence of love and how that can heal you.
How can Reiki help you? In oh so many ways. Reiki helps you to do the following:
- Relax: The desire to feel more relaxed is the main reason people try Reiki. If you’re feeling anxious, stressed, or tense, Reiki can help you feel calmer. When you’re feeling relaxed, your body is better able to handle life’s ups and downs. Because Reiki aids relaxation, it can help you cope with and heal from any problem or illness.
- Handle a physical illness: Another main reason people try Reiki is to help overcome disease or pain. Your body is made of energy, and Reiki helps balance your energy and remove any blocks to the flow of energy. Reiki works not only to reduce anxiety, lessen pain, and relax you but also works at the underlying cause of disease.
- In a family situation, Reiki helps to heal everything from minor scrapes and bruises to the flu or even major accidents or long-standing illnesses. At the very least, Reiki relaxes you enough so that you can have a better attitude toward your illness, which helps you get better quicker.
- Handle an emotional upset: After you suffer a loss, such as the death of a loved one or the end of relationship, you can surely benefit from the boost that Reiki can provide. Here are some examples of times to try Reiki:
• When you suffer an emotional shock, such as the loss of a relative or friend: Even if you suffer a tragic loss, Reiki can be one of the methods to help yourself cope with this loss and rebuild your life.
• During life transitions: Changes in life, even positive changes, can be stressful. Moving home, starting a new job, or having a baby can stir up the emotional pot, and Reiki can help you make sense of your situation and feel ready for change.
• If you’re in emotional burnout: Perhaps you’re taking care of an elderly parent, trying to be supermom to young children, or working two jobs to make ends meet. If you feel like you’re at the end of your rope or about to fall apart, Reiki can help.
• When you’re making decisions: Suppose that you have a major life decision to make and you feel stuck. You may be trying to figure out whether to change a relationship or job or what course of action to take for a business venture. Perhaps you want some clarity about what to do about a physical ailment. Reiki helps you relax, and while you’re relaxing, the answer just might come to you!
- Feel spiritually connected: As you relax with Reiki, you detach from your everyday cares and worries. Now you can hear the still voice inside of you. You can feel peace. You’re connecting with your higher self and with spirit. Also, some people find that Reiki helps their intuitive process, so you just might awaken your inner psychic!