Making a Call on Your iPhone X
You have several options for making a phone call from your iPhone X. First tap the Phone icon on the Home screen, and then tap on one of these icons:
- Contacts: Scroll through the list of contacts until you find the person you want to call. Tap the person’s name and then tap the appropriate phone number (such as home or mobile).
- Favorites: The iPhone equivalent of speed dialing, or the list of people (and the specific numbers) you call most often. Tap the listing and iPhone dials.
- Recents: Tapping the Recents icon displays the iPhone call log. Recents houses logs of all the recent calls made or received, as well as calls that you missed. Tap anywhere on a name to return a call.
- Keypad: Manually dial on a virtual touchtone keypad.
- Voice Control/Siri: Press and hold down the center button on most wired headsets or the side button on your iPhone X, and then say “call” or “dial” followed by either the name of someone in your contacts or a phone number. Or if you have Hey Siri enabled (Settings→General→Allow “Hey Siri”), you can skip pressing and holding and just say the magic words (which are, of course, “Hey Siri).”
- Voicemail: Through visual voicemail, you can listen to voicemail messages in any order you want. To play back a voicemail, tap the name or number in question. Then tap the tiny play/pause icon that shows up to the left of the name or number. Returning a call is as simple as tapping the green Call Back button.
- FaceTime: To initiate a FaceTime video chat, dial the person’s regular iPhone number as usual. When the voice call connects, either of you can tap the FaceTime button that appears on the screen to start a Face Time video chat. Both parties must be using an iPhone 4 or later, a fourth-generation iPod touch, an iPad 2, or a Mac running OS X 10.6.6 or later; otherwise, the FaceTime button does not appear.
Note that you can press on a contact and choose a quick action, which may include Call, Message, FaceTime, and Mail, depending on the information you have for that contact.