NFC Quick Links
NFC is a growing technology. It changes almost daily to meet new needs and answer new questions. With this in mind, you need to know where to find the latest insights into how NFC is changing. Using these 11 resources to keep your NFC information updated will make you stand out from everyone else.
- NFC Bootcamp: The information on NFC Bootcamp is constantly updated. Not only can you get additional NFC training, you can also find lots of great articles on the blog. Make sure that you also keep up with the latest NFCBootcamp resources, videos, press releases, and events. Make NFC Bootcamp the first place you visit when you need to know more.
- NFC Forum: The NFC Forum is the first place you should go for insights into everything regarding NFC standards and applications.
- Smart Card Alliance: The Smart Card Alliance lets you easily keep up with the latest developments in smart card technology. In fact, the section devoted to white papers and case studies could provide ideas for smart card uses for your organization.
- Groupe Speciale Mobile Association (GSMA): This is the place to go if you need to learn more about mobile standards. The top-level topics include issues such as Network 2020 (the future of mobile computing); personal data; digital commerce; the mobile economy; and using mobile for development.
- NFC World: This site provides you with a major source of news for NFC-related product topics (with other sorts of news mixed in).
- NFC Times: Whereas NFC World provides quite a lot of product news, this site is more oriented toward technology news. You also find feature-length articles, blogs, and event listings.
- NearFieldCommunication.org: Every technology requires an educational site, and this site is it for NFC. The goal of this site is to educate everyone about the benefits of using NFC in various ways to meet specific goals.
- Pymnts.com: The emphasis of this site is on telling you how people are paying for things today and how they’ll pay for them in the future. How to make payments wouldn’t seem to require much space, but this site tells you that the whole process involves more than meets the eye.
- EverydayNFC: This site is essentially a blog that provides you with helpful insights into everything NFC. The articles touch on various NFC topics that express an informed opinion on the direction that NFC is taking.
- Gartner: Gartner is known for the trend-based research it provides. You find the results of Gartner research everywhere — even outside the IT community — and Gartner offers NFC-specific research right on its site.
- IHS Technology: IHS Technology is a global information company that provides most of its resources as a paid subscription. It offers global market, industry, and technical expertise to help people make important business decisions. The NFC-related materials help you decide between various products and technologies that emphasize the way you do business.