The Keys of Effective Marketing Communications
Whether delivered in person, through promotions, or via traditional media, direct mail, or email, all marketing communications, regardless of the size of the business, need to accomplish the same tasks:
- Grab attention.
- Impart information the prospect wants to know.
- Present offers that are sensitive to how and when the prospect wants to take action.
- Affirm why the prospect would want to take action.
- Offer a reason to take action.
- Launch a relationship, which increasingly means fostering interaction and two-way communication between you and your customer.
Good communications convince prospects and nudge them into action without any apparent effort. They meld the verbiage with the visual and the message with the messenger so the consumer receives a single, inspiring idea.
Creative types will tell you that making marketing communications look easy takes a lot of time and talent, and they’re right. If you’re spending more than $10,000 on an advertising effort or developing a major marketing vehicle such as a website, ad campaign, or product package, bring in pros to help you out.