Statistics in Favor of Account-Based Marketing
When you compare how much it costs for a lead to become closed revenue for your organization, you can make a compelling case for why your company should switch from traditional lead generation to account-based marketing:
- Only 0.75 percent of leads generated become closed revenue (Forrester).
- Generating high-quality leads is the number-one challenge for B2B marketers (IDG Enterprises).
- More than 90 percent of B2B marketers acknowledge account-based marketing as either important or very important (SiriusDecisions).
- B2B companies have begun utilizing targeted account strategies, as 86 percent of marketing and sales professionals stated (LeanData).
- More than 60 percent of B2B marketers surveyed said they plan to implement an ABM program within the next year (Terminus).
- ABM had higher ROI than other marketing activities, according to 97 percent of marketers in a survey (Alterra Group).
- Almost 85 percent of marketers who measure ROI describe ABM as delivering higher returns than any other marketing approach; half of those marketers cite significantly higher returns (ITSMA).
- On average, the number of people involved in a large technology purchase has increased from five to seven (IDC).
- For more than 90 percent of B2B buyers, the amount of their product research depends on the price of a purchase; as the price increases, the amount of research increases (Salesforce).
- Nearly 85 percent of marketers said ABM provided significant benefits to retain and expand existing client relationships (Marketo).