How to Use the Messages Report to Track Facebook User Engagement
The Messages report shows you the number of conversations your Page had with fans on Messenger for date ranges that include Today, Yesterday, the Last 7 Days, the Last 28 Days, or the Last 180 Days.
To view the Messages report, click the Messages tab within Facebook Insights. The Messages report data is broken down by the following:
- Total conversations: This shows you the number of times you had a conversation with a person on Messenger and the percentage change over the date range chosen.
- Your responsiveness: This is an important metric. It shows you the percentage of messages you answered and the average response time. It also shows you the percentage change over the date range chosen. You can gauge your ability to serve customers with this data.
- Deleted conversations: This shows you how many conversations people had with your Page that they deleted, as well as the percentage change over the date range chosen.
- Marked as spam: This shows you both the number of conversations and percentage that was considered spam.
- Blocked conversation: This shows you both the number of conversations and percentage that were blocked.
Obviously, if you don’t have Messenger set up, the report will show zero conversations.