How to Monitor Facebook Engagement with the Video Insights Report
The Video Insights report shows you how well your videos are performing on Facebook within certain date parameters. To view the Video Insights report, click the Videos tab within Facebook Insights. The default date range for videos is 7 days. If you want to see a specific set of dates, you can click the pull-down to choose stats from Today, Yesterday, The Last 7 Days, the Last 14 Days, the Last 28 Days, This Month, This Quarter, or Custom.
For your video to count as a video view, Facebook requires that the user watches for three seconds or more.
Within Performance, you see the following:
- Minutes viewed: This shows you the aggregate number of minutes viewed, which includes replays and views less than three minutes long. To count as a video view, Facebook requires that the user watches for three seconds or more. Under the number of minutes, you see the percent change from the previous seven days (or the date range you chose).
- Video Views: Shows the number of times videos were watched for three seconds or more. Under the number of videos viewed, you see the percentage change from the previous seven days (or the date range you chose). From a drop-down menu that appears when you click Video Views, you can also view whether the video was organic or paid.
Top videos show you a list of your top-performing videos. They are broken down by
- Video: The video you choose from the displayed list
- Published: The time and date that your video was published
- Minutes Viewed: The total minutes viewed, including both the replays and the views that lasted less than three seconds
- Video Views: The total number of views over three seconds