Bookkeeping For Dummies, Australian and New Zealand Edition
Created especially for the Australian customer!
Take the stress out of bookkeeping with easy-to-follow advice from the experts
Do you have trouble balancing the books for your small business every month? Or are you a professional bookkeeper wishing to hone your skills? Whatever your bookkeeping needs, this practical guide to the ins and outs of business transactions will help you ensure that the numbers add up every time.
- Follow the bookkeeping cycle -- make the end of the month hassle-free by recording transactions properly
- Translate the financial lingo -- know your assets from your equity and don't get depressed about depreciation
- Prepare financial reports -- understand how a business is doing by analysing Profit
- Use accounting software -- throw out the shoebox of receipts and discover a new world of technology
- Stay on the right side of the law -- tick all the boxes, from registering a business to paying employees correctly
- Get qualified -- succeed in Certificate IV Bookkeeping with lots of tips and info for your core units
- Crack the GST code -- keep the tax wolves from the door by calculating GST correctly
- Tame the bookkeeping tiger -- understand accruals, general journals, inventory management and more