iPad Application Development For Dummies, 3rd Edition
This title is out-of-print and not currently available for purchase from this site.
The fun and easy guide to creating iPad apps, updated for iOS 5!
iPad app development is hot, with more than 140,000 apps available specifically for the device and that number growing every day. The introduction of iOS 5 and iCloud gives developers even more options to create incredible iPad apps. This fast and friendly guide to iPad app development is fully updated for the most recent upgrades and covers everything you need to know, starting with how to download the SDK and become an Apple developer all the way to finishing up your app and submitting it to the App Store.
- Zeroes in on essential concepts and tools including storyboard, segues, the ARC memory manager, what makes a great iPad app, and more
- Explains how the iPad offers development opportunities that go beyond the capabilities of the iPhone or iPod touch by focusing exclusively on developing apps for the iPad
- Looks at how iOS 5 and iCloud brought many changes to the device and a wealth of new features for app developers to utilize in their apps
- Covers how to become a registered Apple developer, how to download and set up the SDK, and the details of how an iPad app runs
- Popular developer Neal Goldstein examines what goes into a great user experience and takes you step by step through the actual development of two apps, illustrating everything you need to know
Whether you're looking for a new hobby or you want to build a business in app development, iPad Application Development For Dummies, 3rd Edition is the book you'll want in your developer's toolkit!