HTML 4 For Dummies, 5th Edition
Are you fascinated by the look and design of Web pages? Do you wish that you had the knowledge and skills to create a great looking Web site? Whether you’re an up-and-coming Web designer or just an enthusiastic hobbyist, you are probably using HTML, the standard authoring language for the Internet. HTML 4 For Dummies, now in its 5th edition, will show you the basics of working with this language as well as advanced skills for all-around knowledge.
HTML is used to create Web documents. As a standard issued by the World Wide Web Consortium, it is used by almost everyone to create and edit Web pages. HTML is capable of:
- Creating a Web site
- Inserting designs to a Web page
- Running on both PCs and Macs
The new edition of HTML 4 For Dummies contains nearly 50% more content than its previous editions, and covers a wide range of material, including: Planning a Web site to avoid underperformance
- Creating and viewing a Web page
- Working with text, tables, lists, and links
- Adding style to your page with images, colors, and fonts
- Managing layout
- Controlling positioning and appearance using CSS
- Integrating scripts with HTML
- Designing an eBay auction page
- Helpful advices and tips, as well as warnings about pitfalls
Complete with a 6-page tear-out colored reference sheet, HTML 4 For Dummies is the most comprehensive HTML guide yet. Written by a computer expert and author of over 120 books, including the previous editions of the bestselling HTML 4 For Dummies, this straightforward, fun guide will aid you through making and editing beautiful Web pages.