Crystal Reports 10 For Dummies
No. It’s just not natural. Sometimes presentation is almost as important as content. When you create a report, the goal is to provide information for readers in a format they can readily understand.
Crystal Reports 10 For Dummies, the latest version of the most popular report writer in the world, shows you how to create simple or sophisticated reports, turning data into interactive, actionable reports that convey what’s happening in your business. You can progress cover-to-cover or use the index to find out how to:
- Give your reports more pizzazz by using the correct fonts, color, drop shadows, graphic elements, and more
- Integrate elements from multiple, non-database sources
- Group sort, total result sets, cross-tab reports, and add formulas, charts, or maps
- Print reports
- Use customized Business Views gleaned from the same information to provide each reader with information he or she needs to know without spilling all the beans, sales figures, marketing information, or whatever
- Present multi-dimensional data in OLAP (Online Analytical Processing) cubes
- Get ideas from sample reports on the companion Web site
Written by Allen G. Taylor, nationally known lecturer, teacher, and author of over 20 books, including Database Development for Dummies, Crystal Reports 10 For Dummies makes it crystal clear how to:
- Store your information securely in Crystal Repository
- Use Crystal Analysis 10 to display OLAP data so you and your report’s readers can analyze the information in an online environment
- Use Crystal Enterprise to put Crystal Reports online for viewing by hundreds or thousands of people in your organization
Whether you want to dazzle your company’s CEO and shareholders, motivate the sales force, or simply share database information cogently, with Crystal Reports 10 For Dummies you not only make your point, you an impression. When your reports look professional, you look professional.