SAT Vocabulary For Dummies
US $16.99 Add to Cart
Unfortunately, most students don’t have the wealth of words or the volume of vocabulary that enable them to get top scores on the SAT I (the test that most people call “the SAT”). The fact that you don’t have an SAT vocabulary isn’t due to a lack of intelligence, it’s due to the fact that almost everyone speaks using concise sentences that get to the point, rather than belabor it.
Everyone begins with a different level of vocabulary. You may already know half of the words here or you may only know a few. Regardless of how strong or weak your vocabulary currently is, SAT Vocabulary For Dummies will help you build your vocabulary and boost your test scores.
SAT Vocabulary For Dummies focuses exclusively on the vocabulary you need to know to get a good verbal score on the SAT. In this fun and easy-to-understand guide, test-prep guru Suzee Vlk provides you with a reliable way to increase your vocabulary—and scores. Unlike most vocabulary books, which provide long, boring, alphabetical lists of words, this groundbreaking guide organizes vocabulary into easy-to-remember categories (such as “personal appearance,” “intelligence,” or “money”). This book also:
- Focuses on “hot” SAT words—the 500 or so that turn up again and again on the exams
- Illustrates the meaning of words by placing them in the context of a sentence—usually through humorous stories
- Delivers lots of practical tips and tools for remembering tough words
- Gives the lowdown on roots
- Lists antonyms and synonyms and shows ways to increase comprehension using context
- Contains practice questions with answer explanations
Packed with tips, tricks, stories, and jokes that will help build your vocabulary, SAT Vocabulary For Dummies is a painless way to get a handle on the words that you need to master before you take the SAT.