Digital Photography For Dummies, 5th Edition
Isn’t that digital camera so cool? There must be a hundred things it will do that you haven’t really figured out yet, right? For that matter, just getting the hang of all the features you DO know about may be keeping you busy. With your digital camera, you can
- See immediately whether you got the shot you wanted
- Take dozens of photos to be sure you get what you want, and just delete the ones you don’t like
- Edit and enhance your pictures on your computer
- E-mail images to friends, post them on the Web, make prints, or create photo gifts
The more you know about your digital camera and about digital photography, the more you’ll enjoy taking pictures and the better your pictures will be. Of course, the best way to see examples of good photographic techniques is in full color, and Digital Photography For Dummies, 5th Edition gives you exactly that — plenty of beautiful, colorful photos that show you what you can accomplish and start the ideas popping.
With a digital camera, a computer, and some photo-editing software, you can explore unlimited creative opportunities. You don’t have to be a computer whiz or a professional photographer, either. Digital Photography For Dummies, 5th Edition helps you get the hang of
- Choosing the right camera, software, and accessories for what you want to do
- Editing your images with Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0
- Using your camera’s settings, composing great pictures, managing exposure and lighting, and working with automatic modes
- Getting your images out of the camera and onto your computer, organizing them, and sharing them online or in print
- Doing cool things with your pictures, like sharpening focus, covering flaws, adding people from other photos, and jazzing up your images with special effects
Written by Julie Adair King, a photographer who has penned several other books on the subject, colorful Digital Photography For Dummies, 5th Edition can help you take better digital photos, do more with them, and have a lot more fun with your camera. You’ll get the picture!