Home Networking All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
A network will make your life easier, and Home Networking All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies makes it easier to create one. It shows you how to choose the right hardware, add user accounts, get different operating systems to work together, secure your network, exchange files, add wireless devices, and even use Wi-Fi out in public. Seven individual, self-contained minibooks cover:
- What a network will do for you, including a low-tech explanation of how it works
- Choosing a network type that will work best for your needs, and planning what equipment you’ll need
- Installing and configuring your computers and networking gear
- Upgrading your equipment with the manufacturer’s updates
- The ins and outs of using particular versions of operating systems — Windows, Mac, and Linux — with your network
- Step-by-step directions on connecting to networks, sharing files and printers, checking connection status, and much more
- Discovering networking accessories and gadgets to get the most out of your network
- Finding and using Wi-Fi hotspots, plus setting up your own
You’ll even find troubleshooting tips to help find and fix common problems. Home Networking All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies will be your personal network assistant!
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Buy Home Networking All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
(List Price: US $29.99)
with Wireless Home Networking For Dummies, 4th Edition (List Price = US $26.99) Cannot be combined with any other offers. Learn more.