Watercolor Painting For Dummies
This friendly, guide gives you hands-on instruction and easy-to-follow, step-by-step exercises to help you master the basics. Filled with full-color projects and sample paintings, it shows you how to work with color and texture, practice composition, and make smooth changes. You’ll find out how to select the best tools, materials, and supplies, practice basic brush strokes, and use the three best common techniques: flat wash, graded wash, and rough texture. Discover how to:
- Select the right brushes, pigments, and paper
- Mix colors and work with white
- Create backgrounds and foregrounds
- Transfer your drawings to watercolor
- Avoid common watercolor mistakes
- Experiment with texture using salt, sponges, plastic wrap, and more
- Find your way around the color wheel
- Practice the principles of design
- Plan compositions using thumbnails
- Work with one-point, two-point, and three-point perspective
- Paint fabrics, shiny surfaces, and organic textures
- Paint landscapes, seascapes, animals and more
Complete with strategies for improving your painting immediately and marketing and selling your work, Watercolor Painting For Dummies, is the resource you need to make your creative dreams come true.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Buy Watercolor Painting For Dummies
(List Price: US $24.99)
with Drawing For Dummies, 2nd Edition (List Price = US $19.99) Cannot be combined with any other offers. Learn more.