iOS Cloud Development For Dummies
US $29.99 Add to Cart
Want to create robust, data-driven, iOS cloud apps? This book makes it easier!
Apple's mobile operating system (iOS) supports iPhones, iPads, iPods and other Apple devices, and while even beginners can now develop apps to run just on these devices themselves, sometimes you want to create an app with more heft. Applications such as live weather reports or multi-player games require a lot of data to be pulled from outside—often from cloud-based Web Services, such as Google or Amazon. This book, written by application development expert Neal Goldstein, shows you how to weave all of this together to create robust iOS apps.
Developers will learn how to get, post, and modify data as well as how to create and deploy new, app-specific Web Services. The book includes numerous sample programs such as Xcode projects, sample server code used to create Web Services in the cloud, desktop client back-ends, and more.
- Takes new and seasoned developers beyond the creation of simple client-based iOS applications to create more sophisticated, data-driven, cloud-based mobile apps
- Explains how to access existing Web Services from native iOS applications and also how to create and deploy new, app-specific Web Services
- Includes sample programs such as Xcode projects with complete source code, and sample server code for creating cloud-based Web Services
- Offers valuable and hard-to-get information for new or veteran iOS developers, from small shops to enterprise iOS development
- Shows you how to use iCloud and Core data to enable apps running on different devices to share data
Connecting your iOS app to the cloud just got easier, with iOS Cloud Development For Dummies.
Note: Apple's iOS SDK tools are only accessible on Intel-powered Mac and MacBook devices.