Yorkshire Terriers For Dummies
So you want to adopt or are thinking about adopting a Yorkshire Terrier. The 6th most popular dog in the U.S., Yorkies are energetic, playful, and loving companions—and they’re cute as a button! But it’s wise to know enough about the breed to determine whether or not a Yorkie is the right dog for you. This fun, friendly guide helps you decide if a Yorkie suits your lifestyle and gives you expert advice on keeping your dog healthy and content.
Yorkshire Terriers For Dummies is for you if you’re thinking about getting a puppy or adult Yorkie and want to know the best way to take care of this perky little pet. This guide gives you the straight facts on everything you need to know about the health and well being of your Yorkie, featuring expert guidance in:
- Finding the right Yorkie for you
- Preparing your home for the new arrival
- Managing nutrition and health
- Exercising and entertaining your Yorkie
- Handling behavioral problems
From feeding and training to socializing, you’ll see how to meet a Yorkshire Terrier’s special needs and develop a long and positive relationship with your dog. You’ll discover the most important questions to ask a breeder and how to select the perfect Yorkie, as well as choose the right supplies. Then, you’ll see how to acclimate a Yorkie to your home and your family, housetrain him, and set up a daily routine that works for both of you. You’ll also find savvy tips on:
- Making it through the first night with your Yorkie
- Finding a veterinarian
- Teaching the most important commands
- Grooming your Yorkie’s gorgeous long coat
- Spotting symptoms of common health problems in Yorkies
- Breeding or showing your Yorkie
Complete with an immunization schedule, a guide to puppy-proofing your home, a list of online resources, and an 8-page full-color insert, Yorkshire Terriers For Dummies is the fun and easy way® to keep your little Yorkie happy and healthy!