Windows Server 2008 All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies
If you’ve been waiting impatiently for the arrival of Windows Server 2008, wait no more! It’s here, and so is Windows Server 2008 All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies to help you install it, configure it, network with it, secure it, command it with Windows PowerShell, and more. Services best practices and the cool IIS Web server are covered too.
The eight powerful quick-reference manuals in this one-stop guide cover all the information you need to perform common administrative tasks with Windows Server 2008. You’ll find sure-handed guidance and considerable detail on everything from installation to figuring out why a user can’t gain access to resources on the server. You also see procedures for all common tasks — everything from setting up Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) to promoting your server to a domain controller. Discover how to:
- Use Windows Server virtualization
- Perform a complete PC restore
- Configure server roles and features
- Measure system performance
- Add network clients and protocols
- Keep your server operating at peak performance
- Monitor network interactions with others
- Work with Active Directory RMS
- Use best practices for implementing security
- Implement scripts and cmdlets with PowerShell
- Uncloak viruses masquerading as services
Windows Server 2008 contains so many features that it’s sometimes hard to know which one to install. No problem! Just flip open Windows Server 2008 All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies and find your answer in a flash!