Windows 98 For Dummies
US $26.99 Add to Cart
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Windows 98 For Dummies won't try to turn you into a Windows wizard, but you'll pick up a few chunks of useful computing information while reading it. Instead of becoming a Windows 98 expert, you'll know just enough to get by quickly, cleanly, and with a minimum of pain so that you can move on the more pleasant things in life.
This easy-to-understand guide is for those who are yearning to
- Conquer Windows 98 basics
- Personalize your PC
- Send and receive e-mail
- Get more out of the Web
- Have fun with audio and video
- Deal with common problems and aggravations
Something in Windows 98 will eventually leave you scratching your head. No other program brings so many buttons, bars, and babble to the screen. When something in Windows 98 has you stumped, use this book as a reference. You won't find any fancy computer jargon in these pages. Instead, you'll find subjects like these, discussed in plain old English:
- Preparing your computer to run Windows 98
- Finding the file you saved yesterday
- Moving those little windows around on the screen with the mouse
- Running your favorite old programs under Windows 98
- Performing chores in Windows 98 that you used to do in older versions of Windows
- Figuring out which of the many Windows versions you're using
There's nothing to memorize and nothing to learn. Just turn to the right page, read the brief explanation, and get back to work. Unlike other books, this one enables you to bypass any technical hoopla and still get your work done.