Windows 2000 Server Security For Dummies
Whether you are a networking neophyte or the administrator of a networking team, get the scoop on the new security tools with Windows 2000 Server Security For Dummies. From evaluating your organization's need to safeguard your network to facing very real security infringements, this book presents what you need to know in easy-to-follow steps...
* Investigate how hackers break into your network and understand why you should be concerned about security.
* Secure your files, folders, printers with an encrypting system and security settings.
* Figure out who should have access to which parts of your network.
* Uncover the steps to locking down the remote connection and certifying authentication.
* Secure all Internet Protocol traffic in and out of the devices on your network.
* Check your defenses, monitor for breaches, and audit activity on your network.
The enclosed CD-ROM offers you evaluation versions of SmartFilter for Microsoft Proxy Server, Interceptor, and ISS Internet Scanner. It also includes trial versons of Synchronicity 2.0 and SpamKiller.