Teaching English as a Foreign Language For Dummies
Teaching English as a Foreign Language for Dummies
- Put an EFL course programme together from scratch
- Let your students loose in skills classes – from reading to listening
- Deliver grammar lessons in a logical and intuitive way
- Cope with different age groups and capabilities
Your one-stop guide to a career that will take you places
If you thought that teaching a language that's second nature to you would be easy, think again! Explaining grammar, or teaching correct pronunciation while simultaneously developing your own skills as a teacher can be a huge challenge. Whether you're on a training course or have already started teaching, this book will help launch your career and give you the confidence and expertise you need to be a brilliant teacher.
- Make an educated decision – decide between the various courses, qualifications and job locations available to you
- Start from scratch – plan well-structured lessons and develop successful and effective teaching techniques
- Focus on skills – from reading and writing, to listening and speaking, get your students sounding and feeling fluent
- Get your head around grammar – teach students to put sentences together, recognise tenses and use adjectives and adverbs
- All shapes and sizes – tailor your lessons to younger learners, one-to-ones, exam classes and Business English learners
"An invaluable manual for anyone thinking of embarking on a TEFL journey. Michelle Maxom's step-by-step guide provides practical tips to get you started and offers key advice to help unleash the creative English language teacher within."
—Claire Woollam, Director of Studies & a Teacher Trainer at Language Link London
Open the book and find:
- TEFL, TESOL, EFL – what all the acronyms mean
- The best course books and materials to supplement your teaching
- Advice on running your class and handling difficulties
- Lesson plans that you can use in the classroom
- Activities and exercises to keep your students on their toes
- Constructive ways to correct and assess your students' performance
- Ways to inject some fun into your classes
- Insider information on the best jobs around the world
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Buy Teaching English as a Foreign Language For Dummies
(List Price: US $27.95)
with Linguistics For Dummies (List Price = US $19.99) Cannot be combined with any other offers. Learn more.