Religion For Dummies
How should we live?
What happens after we die?
Why does evil exist?
Religion For Dummies explains how the world’s great religions answer questions that persist through generations. Authors Rabbi Marc Gellman and Monsignor Thomas Hartman are trusted religious advisors known as the God Squad. With wonderful wit and incredible wisdom, they host a daily talk show which reaches nearly 4 million homes in the New York area, and have appeared on numerous TV and radio shows.
This book is not a scholarly theological treatise; it’s a lively, practical, hands-on resource that will help you better understand your own religion and others. You’ll explore:
- Religion's role in the family and in the workplace
- The beliefs and practices of Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and other religions
- Religion's impact during major passages in life such as birth, death, and marriage
- How to join a religion and how to pray
- How religion can help you deal with issues in every day life such as conflict, adversity, marriage, divorce, and more
- Religious rituals and ethics
Religion for Dummies touches on lesser-known religions (such as, Zoroastrianism, Jainism, Sikhism). It explores how people of various faiths pray, celebrate life and death, and view moral issues. The book does not tell you what to believe, but rather encourages you to live as you believe and let your religion infuse every aspect of your life. It doesn’t give simple answers to haunting, complex questions; it helps you find your own answers and pursue your own spiritual path!
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Buy Religion For Dummies
(List Price: US $21.99)
with Comparative Religion For Dummies (List Price = US $19.99) Cannot be combined with any other offers. Learn more.