Raising Smart Kids For Dummies
Sharpening the minds of your youngsters presents more challenges than climbing Mt. Everest, and the responsibility of making your kids use more of their brain cells can be overwhelming – even when you don't encounter resistance. Raising smart kids requires long-term commitment, sacrifice, and diligence – not to mention the patience of a saint. And as long as you don't obsess about being the perfect parent, you will be able to enjoy your kids' journey of self-discovery right along with them.
But how do you accomplish this? How do you overcome the resistance? How do you tackle the overwhelming task of not only helping your children succeed in school, but also increasing their ability to make their own way in the world? That's where Raising Smart Kids For Dummies steps in to help.
Written in easy-to-understand terms (and absolutely no slick psycho-babble), this book gives you sound advice on encouraging your kids to set their sights high and achieve success, whether at school, with friends, or in your community. And you don't have to be a new parent to gain insight from this book; experienced parents can reap rewards with the help of this book in their effort to raise fulfilled children.
Here's just a sampling of what you'll find in Raising Smart Kids For Dummies:
- Recognizing the characteristics of smart kids
- Knowing when to push – and when not to
- Disciplining your kids in a positive way
- Growing smarter kids from healthier bodies
- Planning the development of your kids' brains: From newborns to teenagers
- Taking your smart kids beyond high school
- Eliminating brain drain from school-skipping, drug abuse, and raging hormones
- Top Ten lists of family characteristics that nurture smart kids, what smart kids read, and resources for bolstering parents' confidence
You've heard it said a thousand times: The children are the future. Children have such potential, but rarely live up to it. Why take this chance with your own kids? Make the commitment to prepare your kids for life on their own. With Raising Smart Kids For Dummies, you, too, can achieve success – and have a little fun along the way!