QuickBooks 2006 For Dummies
Do a quick take on QuickBooks and you’ll wonder where it’s been all your life. If you’re running a small business, you need an accounting system that monitors profits, losses, and expenses without costing an arm and a leg. And if you’re running your own business— when you’re trying to do everything, including things like, well, actually selling something—you need a good solid software system that stays one step ahead of you. QuickBooks 2006 is that software. Record invoices, pay bills—QuickBooks will crunch the numbers and keep you on track.
Now you can add another member to your team: QuickBooks 2006 For Dummies. This helpful book is loaded with the latest information, features, and expert advice you need to make the best use of the software. Pop open the book, and you’ll quickly start getting the basics in plain English. Written for those of us who aren’t CPAs, this down-to-earth guide explains how to:
- Create invoices and credit memos
- Produce income statements and financial reports
- Process payroll and simplify tax preparation
- Estimate, bill, and track expenses
Author Stephen Nelson not only has an MBA, a CPA and expertise in teaching the rest of us about QuickBooks, he also teaches other CPAs how to teach the rest of us about QuickBooks. You’ll feel like you’ve got a knowledgeable and humorous buddy at your side as you learn how to:
- Streamline bill paying with online banking and electronic checks
- Set up a workable chart of accounts and a good working budget
- Keep track of inventory, fixed assets, and vehicle mileage
- Handle selling a depreciable asset—and nine other “Tricky Situations”
- Figure out your break-even point—and nine more “Secret Business Formulas”
- Install QuickBooks in ten easy steps
If you handle the financial parts of your business like a pro, you’re free to concentrate on what you do best. QuickBooks 2006 For Dummies is the fun and easy way® to get started!