Photoshop CS Timesaving Techniques For Dummies
- Install and use peripheral devices such as digital cameras, scanners, tablets, and printers
- Customize Photoshop to fit your needs with custom keyboard shortcuts, a color management system, presets, and more
- Create custom palette groups and workspaces
- Use a drawing tablet and stylus to easily double your output
- Create sketches, water colors, and silkscreens and paint with oils
- Create professional-quality separations for high-quality offset printing, including using the CMYK prepress settings, soft proofing, adding printer’s marks and more
- Create action sets so you can perform repetitive tasks that would take an hour in seconds
- Organize, color code, and lock layers and create layer sets
- Use Blending Modes (there are more than 20 to choose from) to enhance images
Written by Phyllis Davis, a writer, graphics and Web designer, teacher, and graphics software expert , this guide features a Color Insert so you can see the results of many of the techniques explained, and a companion Web site (www.dummies.com/go/photoshopcstt) where you can download many of the images and follow along and experiment. You’ll discover how to get results like a pro as you experiment with:
- Creating great effects with layer styles, using the five types of bevel and emboss, inner and outer glows, blending, and more
- Using the Brush and Pencil painting tools and the Blur, Sharpen, Smudge, Burn, and Sponge editing tools
- Enhancing photos, creating montages and panoramas, recoloring, retouching, and more
- Creating shadow type, knock-out type, liquid type, metal type, and more
- Creating GIF animations, hotspots, and rollovers for the Web
You’ll save steps and discover exciting new possibilities with these 60-plus timesaving, image-saving techniques.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Buy Photoshop CS Timesaving Techniques For Dummies
(List Price: US $29.99)
with InDesign CS5 For Dummies (List Price = US $26.99) Cannot be combined with any other offers. Learn more.