OpenOffice.org For Dummies
This title is out-of-print and not currently available for purchase from this site.
- Uses the straightforward For Dummies style to show Linux and Windows users how to use the OpenOffice.org desktop productivity suite
- OpenOffice.org has a user interface and feature set similar to that of other office suites and works transparently with a variety of file formats, including those of Microsoft Office
- Explains how to download, install, and set up both the Linux and Windows versions of OpenOffice.org
- Organized by the four key desktop applications provided in the OpenOffice.org suite: Writer (word processing), Calc (spreadsheets), Impress (presentations), and Draw (graphics)
- Other topics covered include creating and formatting documents with Writer, using templates and styles, creating spreadsheets with Calc, manipulating spreadsheet data, creating a presentation with Impress, and creating and editing images with Draw