Nikon D40/D40x For Dummies
US $29.99 Add to Cart
The Nikon D40 and the D40x offer exciting new features that will enable you to take amazing digital photos. These compact cameras pack a big punch at a great price! With Nikon D40/D40x For Dummies, you’ll discover what each bell and whistle on your camera does so that you can confidently know when, where, why and how to put each feature to its best use.
This friendly full-color guide translates all of those techie words in your Nikon manual into plain English. You'll learn what terms like SLR, resolution, aperture, white balance, and file format really mean and how they effect picture quality. You'll also find out what happens when you press, jiggle, or twist all those serious-looking controls and how to use them to capture the great shots you imagined taking when you became a Nikon owner. Discover how to:
- Install batteries and memory card
- Adjust viewfinder to your eyesight
- Take great pictures automatically
- Get creative with exposure and lighting
- Manipulate focus and color
- Control picture quality and size
- Download, organize, and archive your photos
- Print and share your photos
- Use fast photo-retouching tricks
Packed with more than 200 beautiful color photos throughout, Nikon D40/D40x For Dummies is more than an easy-to-use handbook, it's the paperback version of an in-depth photography workshop tailored specifically to help you make the absolute most of your Nikon picture-taking powerhouse.