Microsoft Works 6 for Windows For Dummies
US $31.99 Add to Cart
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Maybe it’s because it comes loaded on most PCs, but most people tend to miss the fact that Microsoft Works 6 really is an amazing collection of stuff—just what you might expect if the folks at Microsoft told you they were going to give you “the works.” Instead of blowing several hundred bucks on the biggest and most muscle-bound word processor, database program, spreadsheet program, graphics, and communication software out there, you can use Microsoft Works 6 to do it all for a lot less money (or for free!) and with a lot less trouble. With Works you can create cool cards and crafts, design professional-looking newsletters and flyers, manage your personal finances, send faxes, put together mass mailings, surf the Web, manage your household, and a whole lot more.
If you’ve got Microsoft Works on your computer but don’t quite know how to use it, then this is the book for you. This lighthearted guide gives you easy-to-follow instructions and tips that’ll have you up and running in no tim e with the skills and confidence you need to:
- Create goodlooking documents
- Design and use spreadsheets
- Crunch numbers
- Set up group mailings with an address database
- Have fun with charts and graphics
- Send and receive e-mail
- Explore the Internet
Featuring clear, step-by-step instructions, helpful screen captures, and exercises, Microsoft Works 6 For Dummies covers all of Works’ powerful features. Among other things, you’ll explore:
- Starting Works and familiarizing yourself with Windows basics
- Address books, letters, envelopes, labels, mail merge, and other automated tasks available in Works
- Word processing—from typing and deleting to formatting, tables, and more
- Spreadsheets—including everything from entering data to creating and copying formulas
- Fields, record, data entry, views, filtering, reporting, and other database features
- Outlook Express, Internet Explorer, and other cool Internet features
Your fun and easy guide to working with Microsoft Works, Microsoft Works 6 For Dummies gets you up a handle on Works—even if you’re a first-time computer user.