Microsoft Project 2003 For Dummies
- Making calendar settings, building a task-outline, and entering timing and timing relationships for tasks
- Assigning resources and material costs to tasks
- Using scheduling and tracking tools: The Gantt Chart which is the main view of Project; The Network Diagram (version of a PERT (program Evaluation and Review Technique) chart; Risk management; and Resource management
- Recalculating based on what-if scenarios to solve resource conflicts, get your costs within budget, or meet your deadlines
- Understanding the task/subtask structure, creating an outline, and working with WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) codes
- Working with a combination of cost types (fixed, work, and material) and customizing costs fields with Value Lists
- Saving your plan with a baseline
- Using the tracking toolbar and to record actual activity, update fixed costs, and more
- Generating and formatting standard reports (complete with graphics), creating custom reports, and using the XML Reporting Wizard
If you have Project Server (that complements Project 2003 but is not included), this book shows you how to use Project in an enterprise environment to centralize information online and get real online collaboration. You can publish projects to the Web, allow team members to update their progress, analyze your project status, and generally communicate in one central, online location.
Microsoft Project 2003 For Dummies is complete with a bonus CD-ROM that includes:
- Add-on tools and templates
- Case history examples
- Test preparation questions for the Project Management Institute (PMI) certification exam
- Milestones Project Companion and Project KickStart trial versions
- Cobra, WBS Chart Pro, PERT Chart Expert, and TimeSheet Professional demo versions
Use this friendly guide to get comfortable with Project. You’ll wonder how you managed without it.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Buy Microsoft Project 2003 For Dummies
(List Price: US $24.99)
with Microsoft Office Project 2003 Bible (List Price = US $39.99) Cannot be combined with any other offers. Learn more.