Macs For Seniors For Dummies
Over 50 and thinking about getting your first computer? A user-friendly Mac is a great choice, and Macs For Seniors For Dummies walks you through choosing one and learning to use it. You won’t even need your grandchildren to help!
Macs For Seniors For Dummies introduces you to all the basic things you may not have encountered before—how to use the keyboard and mouse, work with files and folders, navigate around the Mac OS X desktop, set up an Internet connection, and much more. You’ll learn to:
- Choose the Mac that’s right for you, set it up, run programs and manage files, and hook up a printer
- Use all the programs that come with your Mac for creating documents and spreadsheets, playing movies and music, and more
- Surf the Internet with the Safari browser — safely
- Keep in touch with family and friends via e-mail
- Upload photos from your digital camera, edit and organize them with iPhoto, and share them by e-mail or as prints
- Play music with iTunes, put your favorite songs on a CD, or listen to online radio stations
- Use the Web to help plan trips, get maps, book hotels or RV campgrounds, or buy plane tickets
- Customize your Mac to make everything as easy and convenient as possible
Even if you’ve never used a computer before, Macs For Seniors For Dummies makes it really easy to make friends with your Mac. Before you know it, you’ll wonder why you waited so long to get a computer!