Mac OS X Snow Leopard All-in-One For Dummies
Mac OS X Snow Leopard is the newest Mac operating system, with even better performance and more efficient use of hard drive space as well as cool features like MobileMe, the iWork productivity suite, and improved media technology. And Mac OS X Snow Leopard All-in-One For Dummies is your one-stop reference for all its features.
Eight self-contained minibooks cover OS X basics, customizing and sharing your Mac, the digital hub, iWork, Internet features, networking, expanding your system, and advanced Mac OS X (for those with more techie inclinations). You’ll learn to:
- Determine whether your hardware can handle upgrading to Snow Leopard
- Navigate Snow Leopard, find things with Spotlight, control your Mac with Front Row, and make backups
- Explore the digital hub and its applications: iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iTunes, GarageBand, QuickTime, and iWeb
- Create cool-looking documents with Pages, crunch numbers with Numbers, and build awesome slide presentations with Keynote
- Set up your Internet connection and e-mail, connect with iChat, sync up with MobileMe, and share large files via iDisk
- Build a wireless network with AirPort Extreme
- Keep your Snow Leopard happy with regular maintenance
Mac OS X Snow Leopard All-in-One For Dummies also shows you a little of what’s under the hood, in case you’re interested in doing a little AppleScript programming or learning a bit more about UNIX. Whatever your level of involvement with OS X Snow Leopard, this complete guide covers what you need to know.