Linux All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies, 3rd Edition
Curious about Linux, the amazing alternative operating system? Not sure which of the zillion different variations is right for you, or how to find out? How wise you are to think of Linux All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies!
Because Linux offers so many options, this book helps you narrow them down by giving you five popular Linux distributions on a DVD—Debian GNU/Linux, Fedora, openSUSE Linux, Ubuntu, and Xandros. You get everything you need to test-drive all five, including the instructions to install and use any of them. But that’s just the beginning! Linux All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies includes eight individual minibooks, each devoted to a specific aspect of Linux:
- Linux Basics
- Linux Desktops
- Internet Servers
You’ll find out how to:
- Understand the Linux kernel
- Create a network and connect a Linux PC to the Internet
- Use Internet services including Web, Mail, News, FTP, NFS, and DNS.
- Set up a Windows server using Samba
- Use Perl, shell, and C programming with Linux
- Manage system and network security and administration
- Work with the OpenOffice.org productivity tools and other applications that come with Linux
So what are you waiting for? Linux All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies is like having a guided tour of the wonderful world of Linux!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.