Limited Liability Companies For Dummies®
This title is out-of-print and not currently available for purchase from this site.
What is a limited liability company? How is an LLC different from a corporation? Should you form an LLC for your business? Limited Liability Companies For Dummies, answers all of your questions about LLCs and demystifies the formation and management of these increasingly popular business entities.
This clear, concise guide explains the pros and cons of LLCs and shares insider insights on everything from choosing your members and your company name to creating and filing your Articles of Organization, to the day-to-day operation of your LLC. You'll also find valuable tips on creating your Operating Agreement, saving on taxes, and avoiding bankruptcy and fraud. You'll discover all the information you need to:
- Decide if an LLC is right for you
- Get the help you need to from your LLC
- Form your LLC in or out of your own state
- Lower LLC costs and fees
- Convert an existing company to an LLC
- Comply with state and local licensing issues
- Use your LLC to protect your assets
- File annual reports and research franchising fees
- Issue membership shares
- Dissolve or extend an LLC
- Control LLC assets and debt
- Keep your LLC intact
Packed with winning strategies for streamlining your business, protecting your assets, and passing your estate on to your heirs, Limited Liability Companies For Dummies gives you the power and the knowledge to take full advantage all the benefits your LLC has to offer.