Jakarta Struts For Dummies
This title is out-of-print and not currently available for purchase from this site.
As a Web developer, you’ve probably heard a lot about Jakarta Struts, the popular open source framework for creating Web applications in Java. Struts is the de facto standard for Java-based Web applications; in fact, some people consider it the yardstick by which all other Web application frameworks are measured.
The Struts framework is based on a classic Model-View-Controller (MVC) design paradigm that combines Java servlets, Java Server Pages (JSP), custom tags, and message resources into a unified framework. Jakarta Struts For Dummies will get you up and running with Struts in a hurry, so you can
- Control the business logic of your applications
- Design the view for JavaServer Pages
- Validate data
- Use tiles to dynamically create pages
- Secure and troubleshoot your applications, and more
Jakarta Struts saves you coding time and helps you create an extensible development environment. Jakarta Struts For Dummies provides the information you need when you need it, and even lets you get your feet wet right away by creating a special “jump start” application in Part I. Jakarta Struts For Dummies helps you
- Understand and apply the Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern
- Integrate Struts into a Web application environment
- Use tag libraries to simplify your JSP pages
- Maintain control with effective security features
- Internationalize Web applications with a feature that creates easy-to-update text content, so international viewers can see pages in their own languages
- Represent all types of data, from one or two items to a huge and complex database
- Extend Jakarta’s functionality with plug-ins
- Use logging to help you troubleshoot an application
Loaded with tips, examples, and explanatory sidebars, this plain-English guide to Jakarta Struts will have you creating Web applications with Struts before you can say “Java”.