JUNOS OS For Dummies, 2nd Edition
Providing network administrators with a reliable network operating system, JUNOS software is an award-winning network operating system that focuses on security and the avoidance of down time. This easy-to-understand book starts with the basics of JUNOS and walks you through its features so that you can quickly learn how to set up, operate, and add key services.
Since the various JUNOS features are constantly being updated to provide your network with the best security possible, this new edition shares must-know information, helpful advice, handy tips, and essential cautions for working with JUNOS. Plus, you'll find out how to set up a routing protocol that automates configuration of routing tables for greater efficiency and how you can set up individual or group user accounts locally on the route, or on remote centralized authentication servers.
- Starts with the basics and introduces you to JUNOS
- Explains how to connect, manage, and troubleshoot routers and other Juniper appliances
- Offers tips for making your network more efficient and reveals essential cautions
- Walks you through setting up, operating, and adding key services
- Details ways to configure JUNOS default security features as well as restricted physical access to protect routers
- Breaks down advanced concepts into easy-to-understand segments so you can build your knowledge gradually
This new edition gets you started using the sophisticated features and techniques of JUNOS today.