Heart Disease For Dummies, 2nd Edition
US $19.99 Add to Cart
The startling truth is, one American dies of heart disease every 33 seconds—almost one million deaths each year—and almost one in four Americans has one or more types of heart disease. However, it’s also true that it is possible to prevent, treat, and even reverse heart disease—and this plain English guide shows you how!
Heart Disease For Dummies is for anyone who has been diagnosed with a form of cardiovascular disease, knows someone who has, or who wants to learn more about staying heart healthy and preventing the disease. Leading cardiologist Dr. James Rippe delivers the scoop on the many different forms of heart disease (including angina, heart attacks, arrhythmias, strokes, heart failure, and other cardiac conditions) as well as the latest research, diagnostic techniques, treatment procedures, and medications. You’ll discover how to:
- Recognize the risk factors and warning signs of a heart attack
- Determine if you h ave heart disease
- Distinguish between angina, heart attack, and stroke
- Maximize your cardiac function
- Find a good doctor and handle a managed care plan
- Reverse heart disease through diet, lifestyle changes, and medications
Like the millions of others living with heart disease, you want to take an active part in managing your health and feeling better fast. This easy-to-follow guide explains how heart disease affects the body and shows you the steps you can take—along with your doctor—to improve your quality of life. With the expert advice, simple diagrams, and valuable tips in this book, you’ll:
- Keep your blood pressure, cholesterol, and weight under control
- Understand the common drug and medical treatments available for treating heart disease
- Draw on the mind/body connection to reduce stress
- Interpret the risk factors you can control (physical inactivity, hypertension, tobacco use) and the ones you can’t (heredity, age, gender)
- Form a true partnership with your doctor
- Explore cardiac rehabilitation programs
- Decide if alternative therapies are right for you
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Buy Heart Disease For Dummies, 2nd Edition
(List Price: US $19.99)
with Training Your Brain For Dummies (List Price = US $14.99) Cannot be combined with any other offers. Learn more.