HTML 4 For Dummies, 5th Edition
This title is out-of-print and not currently available for purchase from this site.
Are you fascinated by the look and design of Web pages? Do you wish that you had the knowledge and skills to create a great looking Web site? Whether you’re an up-and-coming Web designer or just an enthusiastic hobbyist, you are probably using HTML, the standard authoring language for the Internet. HTML 4 For Dummies, now in its 5th edition, will show you the basics of working with this language as well as advanced skills for all-around knowledge.
HTML is used to create Web documents. As a standard issued by the World Wide Web Consortium, it is used by almost everyone to create and edit Web pages. HTML is capable of:
- Creating a Web site
- Inserting designs to a Web page
- Running on both PCs and Macs
The new edition of HTML 4 For Dummies contains nearly 50% more content than its previous editions, and covers a wide range of material, including: Planning a Web site to avoid underperformance
- Creating and viewing a Web page
- Working with text, tables, lists, and links
- Adding style to your page with images, colors, and fonts
- Managing layout
- Controlling positioning and appearance using CSS
- Integrating scripts with HTML
- Designing an eBay auction page
- Helpful advices and tips, as well as warnings about pitfalls
Complete with a 6-page tear-out colored reference sheet, HTML 4 For Dummies is the most comprehensive HTML guide yet. Written by a computer expert and author of over 120 books, including the previous editions of the bestselling HTML 4 For Dummies, this straightforward, fun guide will aid you through making and editing beautiful Web pages.