Fishing For Dummies, 2nd Australian and New Zealand Edition
This book puts more fish on your line!
Want to dangle a line anywhere in Australia or New Zealand? On the way to becoming a successful angler, discover how to choose your tackle confidently, master rigs and knots, read your fishing environment, cast efficiently and take home more fish for the table — all while
- fishing with safety and sustainability in mind.
- Find expert guidance — absorb Steve Starling's insider knowledge of fishing to develop your angling skills
- Build your fishing kit — discover how to choose the right tackle for the right fish, competently and without waste
- Increase your fishing knowledge — take advantage of myriad tips about constructing effective rigs
- Hone your craft — match your bait to the fish, cast with ease and reel 'em in
- Take on sustainability — immerse yourself in the new age of fishing; catch only what you need
- Prepare your catch — improve your skills in all areas of fish preparation, from gutting to filleting with ease
- Cook like a pro — practise the art of simplicity in the kitchen to retain and release those wondrous fish flavours
- Investigate ten top fishing spots — take a trip to Steve Starling's top fishing spots in Australia and New Zealand
Open the book and find:
- How to target Aussie/Kiwi saltwater and freshwater fish
- Techniques to rig your gear likea pro
- Pointers on selecting the best baits, lures and flies
- Ways to tie reliable knots — in all weathers and in the dark
- Tips on casting all types of fishing tackle
- The right way to release your fish
- Ideas on how to contribute to fishing sustainability
- A guide to your own style of angling: Jetty rat, estuary or ...