Database Development For Dummies
US $34.99 Add to Cart
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
From ATMs to the personal finance, online shopping to networked information management, databases permeate every nook and cranny of our highly-connected, information-intensive world. Databases have become so integral to the business environment that, nowadays, it’s next to impossible to stay competitive without the assistance of some sort of database technology—no matter what type or size of business you run. But developing your own database can be very tricky. In fact, whether you want to keep records for a small business or run a large e-commerce website, developing the right database system can be a major challenge. Which is where this friendly guide comes in.
From data modeling methods and development tools to Internet accessibility and security, Database Development For Dummies shows you, step-by-step, everything you need to know about building a custom system from the ground up. You’ll discover how to:
- Model data accurately
- Design a reliable functional database
- Deliver robust relational databases on time and on budget
- Build a user-friendly database application
- Put your database on the Web
In plain English, author Allen Taylor acquaints you with the most popular data modeling methods, and he shows you how to systematically design and develop a system incorporating a database and one or more applications that operate on it. Important topics he explores include:
- Understanding database architecture and how it has evolved
- Recognizing how database technology affects everyday life
- Using a structured approach to database development
- Creating an appropriate data model
- Developing a reliable relational design
- Understanding the complexities you’re likely to encounter in designing a database and how to simplify them
- Implementing your design using Microsoft Access 2000, SQL Server and other powerful database development tools
- Keeping your database secure
- Putting your database on the Internet
Today’s powerful, low-cost database development tools make it possible for virtually anybody to create their own database. Get Database Development For Dummies and discover what it takes to design, develop and implement a sophisticated database system tailored to you and your company’s current and future data storage and management needs.