Crystal Reports 9 For Dummies
And Crystal Reports 9 For Dummies will get you using Crystal Reports quickly and effectively. It covers all the major capabilities of Crystal Reports but doesn't bog you down in intricate detail. It is also valuable to managers who may never personally produce a report, but have oversight of people who do. This guide will tell you what is possible, what you can do easily, and what takes a little more effort to accomplish.
In Crystal Reports 9 For Dummies, you'll discover how to
- Create a report, what a good report should accomplish and what it should look like.
- Make your reports more focused, more readable, and easy on the eye.
- Nest one report within another, p ull report elements from multiple non-database sources, and illustrate points with charts and maps
- Distribute your reports – from printing, exporting them to files, or faxing them to making them available on a local area network, or uploading them to the Web.
- Incorporate Crystal Reports into applications written in a computer language. Because Crystal Reports is included as an integral part of Microsoft's .NET application development environment, you can incorporate the power of Crystal Reports into applications you write in Visual Basic, Visual C++, and Visual C#.
With Crystal Reports 9 For Dummies, you can produce reports fit for the eyes of the organization's CEO. Each chapter deals with an individual feature that you may need at one time or another. In many cases, step-by-step procedures are given for commonly needed operations. You might find it worthwhile to lay the book beside your computer and perform the operations as you read about them. Soon, you'll be producing outstanding reports with a minimum of effort and in the shortest possible time.