Cricket For Dummies, 2nd Edition
Whether you're a budding player or aspiring armchair expert, Cricket For Dummies helps you get to grips with this fascinating sport. Completely revised and updated for the first back-to-back Ashes series in 38 years, this hands-on guide gives you clear explanations of the cricket's laws, step-by-step explanations of techniques and tactics, and exciting coverage of the tournaments, global rivalries, and great players.
- Fully revised and updated to chronicle the rise of twenty20 cricket and the IPL, the implementation of DRS, and the changing face of the game
- Covers cricket basics—the pitch, the laws, the equipment and more
- Provides an in-depth look at cricket formats
- Offers a guide to building cricket skills—bowling, batting, and fielding
- Includes coverage of the best players and the biggest tournaments throughout the world
Complete with Top Ten Lists of the greatest cricketers, the most memorable cricket matches, and the biggest controversies, Cricket For Dummies is your one-stop resource on this popular sport.