Cooking Around the World All-in-One For Dummies
US $31.99 Add to Cart
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Ever have food fantasies in a truly international vein—an appetizer of feta cheese and roasted pepper spread, an entrée of spinach ravioli and steaming coq au vin, with a side of bulghur wheat and parsley salad, topped, finally, with a dish of cool gelato di crema (vanilla ice cream) and chocolate souffle for dessert. Well, fulfilling food fantasies that read like the menu in the UN cafeteria is now entirely possible. With Cooking All Around the World All-in-One For Dummies, you’ll be introduced to the cooking styles and recipes from eight of the world’s most respected cuisines, experiencing, in the comfort of your own kitchen, the fabulous variety of foods, flavors, and cultures that have made the world go round for centuries.
With a roster of cooking pros and all-star chefs, including Mary Sue Milliken, Susan Feniger and Martin Yan, Cooking All Around the World All-in-One For Dummies includes some of the most popular recipes from Mexican, Italian, French, Greek and Middle Eastern, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, and Thai cuisines, revealing the cooking secrets that have made these recipes so winning and, in some cases, such a snap. Inside, you’ll find:
- The essential ingredients and tools of the trade common to each cuisine
- The basic cooking techniques specific to each cuisine
- How to think like an Italian or Chinese chef
- What the inside of a French, Greek and Middle Eastern, and Japanese kitchen really looks like
And once you become familiar with the new world of spices and ingredients, you’ll be whipping up tasty, new exotic dishes in no time! Page after page will bring you quickly up to speed on how to make each part of the menu—from appetizers, entrées, to desserts—a sparkling success:
- Starters, snacks, and sides—including Gazpacho, Tuscan Bread Salad, Leeks in Vinaigrette, Falafel, Spring Rolls, Miso Soup, Chicken Satays with Peanut Sauce
- The main event—including Chipotle Glazed Chicken, Lasagna, Cauliflower au Gratin, Lamb Kebabs, Grilled Tandoori Chicken, Braised Fish Hunan Style, Shrimp and Veggie Tempura
- Sweet endings—including Mexican Bread Pudding, Biscotti, Chocolate Souffle, Yogurt Cake, Mango Ice Cream, Green Tea Ice Cream, Coconut Custard with Glazed Bananas
With over 300 delicious recipes, a summary cheat sheet of need-to-know info, black-and-white how-to illustrations, and humorous cartoons, this down-to-earth guide will having you whipping up dishes from every part of the globe. Whether it’s using a wok or tandoori oven, with Cooking All Around the World All-in-One For Dummies every meal promises to be an adventure, spoken in the international language of good food.