Cookies For Dummies
Have you ever opened a box of store-bought cookies and after the first dry bite, wished you were eating a warm, fresh baked one instead? Even store-bought cookies that claim to taste homemade really can’t compare to the real thing. Well, cookie lovers, thanks to baker Carole Bloom, you can have the real thing—any time and any day of the week.
With Cookies For Dummies, you’ll be whipping up platefuls of the most scrumptious cookies imaginable in absolutely no time. Think Very Rich Cakelike Brownies. Or Almond Butter Cookies. Or Chocolate Biscotti. And not only will the book’s nearly 200 recipes awaken the baker within, you’ll get foolproof tips on making any type of creation in cookiedom—from simple drop, rolled, and refrigerator cookies to the more challenging bar, sandwich, and filled cookies, and finally, the pressed, hand-formed, and molded cookies that’ll let you style eye-catching cookies that bear your unique signature. With help on every page, the book cues you in on:
- Baking basics—such as choosing the right kitchen equipment and stocking up on essentials
- Foolproof techniques for outstanding cookies, plus tips on troubleshooting baking mishaps
- Decorating with chocolate (with tips on piping, painting, and stenciling)
- Creating "slender’" versions of old favorites, while maintaining texture and boosting flavor
- Discovering cookies from other cultures
- Baking for the holidays and making baking fun for kids
With a summary cheat sheet of baking essentials, helpful how-to illustrations, and humorous cartoons along the way, Cookies For Dummies will help you bake awe-inspiring homemade cookies that will have even the fanatical cookie lovers in your family clamoring for more.